Wednesday, September 11, 2013

All About Me





That little line right above, uttered by Clark Gable at the end of the 1939 film Gone With the Wind, was voted the number one movie quote of all time by the American Film Institute in 2005. The line is famous because it not only contains profanity (a rarity in cinema at the time), but it also shows that the character has finally given up on Scarlet O'Hara, portrayed by Vivien Leigh.





That little bit of movie trivia is just a small that help you know a little bit about me. Hello, my name is Kevin Urban, I'm 18 years old and I love going to the movies. Its kind of unhealthy, I think at this point I've spent over 1,000 dollars at the movie theatre in the past four years. A combination of tickets, 3D releases, snacks, gas money to get to the theatre etc.





More trivia for you, the top 3 highest grossing films of all time (unadjusted for inflation that is) are James Cameron's Avatar and Titanic, and Disney's The Avengers.  The top film of all time, adjusted for inflation, still remains Gone With the Wind.



A little dated, but you get the idea. 



My love for film also shows up in my art. I'm an artist or I like to draw things so I'm not sure if I can call myself an artist. I've had many discussions on what defines an artist, one who creates art? But then what is art? Anyway in High School I was voted Class Picasso. Though to be fair there wasn't a lot of male artists back in Agawam.






When I was 12 years old my voice changed in the middle of a sentence, and all of a sudden girls started talking to me. I now do voice over work for people on Youtube, have a Radio show on campus with my friend, and did the morning announcements at my high school and announced Football and Soccer games. I auditioned to become the Public Address Announcer for the Boston Red Sox. I didn't get the job though...




img_1888.jpg



I run cross country, and as a result I can eat whatever I want, plain and simple.





This blog post now has over 200 words. Or at least I hope it does.


Nice to meet you all!


Images used:
http://noontimesports.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/img_1888.jpg?w=600&h=450



No comments:

Post a Comment